Warts are caused by the human papilloma wart virus (HPV virus) that is transmissible from person to person but bodily contact.
In itself the virus is not harmful but is does causes warty hard skin eruptions from time to time especially when people are run down or stressed. Most adults will have contracted a type HPV virus at some point in their life and according to which type depends on where if occurs. Warts vary in appearance depending on where they are on the body and how thick the skin is but the common wart is often round, firm and raised, with a rough or ‘warty’ surface. On close inspection, many tiny black dots may be seen in the centre, caused by ruptured blood vessels.
The most common sites for warts are
- Hands and fingers
- Feet also known as verrucas or plantar warts
- Face particularly facial warts on the chin and lip area
- Genital area
Warts are often unsightly and can be irritating or painful. Warts in adults often do not disappear as easily or as quickly as they do in children. They usually continue to spread and grow unless treated, and so many sufferers opt for wart removal.
Laser Wart Removal
Laser Wart Removal is where the wart or warts are precisely removed leaving a graze like wound that heals over a few weeks. This is often for stubborn or resistant thick warts. This uses
light to burn and destroy the growth. Before the area is treated, we will ask you to prepare the wart by removing the dead skin surrounding it. The laser produces light energy that selectively targets and destroys the the wart, as well as thermally destroying the virus.
Side effects with the laser are minimal; although the treatment will be uncomfortable the area is not usually that painful afterwards. Recovery is rapid and, in most cases, all signs of the infection and the treatment will have disappeared within a few weeks. In some cases, the wart will start to re-appear again after the skin has healed over. In this case, further treatment will be required. Multiple treatments can be necessary in some patient
Results from Wart Removal
- Results are instant: our treatment will immediately remove your Wart, there’s no need to wait for it to drop off.
- Once it has been treated it is unlikely that the wart will return.
Wart Removal Post Treatment Advice
- After your Wart removal, you need to follow the post treatment advice. You will need to use a special ointment to prevent infection on the area and ensure correct healing.
Why choose us?
- The procedures are performed by a qualified and advanced trained Aesthetic practitioner.
- Quick and easy and low-risk procedures to treat all types of Warts.
- Accurate treatment prevents Warts returning.
- Treatments take place in a safe, sterilised clinic setting.
- We offer the most competitive prices without compromising on quality.
- Procedure Time - 30 mins plus depending on number of warts.
- of treatment – Initially 1 session is enough to remove warts.
- Downtime - Can take up to 14 days for scabs to heal.
- Results - Instant removal of warts leaving you with wart free skin.